"I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art."
- Meryl Streep in Postcards From The Edge

Sunday, December 13, 2009

"The last thing I need is another picture of me looking like a porcelain doll."

Tonight is a great night for a classic! And what would be the only movie on that list for me? Titanic of course!
Omg! Titanic is one of those movies that I can watch over and over and over again even in the same day and still be madly in love with. I could never get tired of this film!

And I'm not even going to summarize it and act like there isn't a
single person in this world over the age of ... 12 that hasn't seen this movie! I'm just going to use this time to completely go all geeky and praise my favorite parts of this movie!

Ok, onto the fun stuff!

Best Character: A Tie!
Rose (Of course) and Molly Brown!

















I'm gonna skip Rose for a second and move right onto Molly Brown. This character does many things in this movie which attracts the audience to her presence. One of the things is that her character is a very spunky little thing. She calls Cal on his actions towards Rose and the attitude of the ladies of the first class. Another thing she does is takes up for Jack, helping him out on his night at dinner with Rose's crowd. And anyone who helps Jack and Rose is a fan by all the hopeless romantic viewers who watch this film. She also is one of the only people you see who was saved and feels remorse over the people left to die and wants to turn around and help. That made her even more real to us and again a fan favorite!

Now Rose. Rose is a character who every woman watching dreams of being. She is beyond beautiful, has a big heart, and the love of a fantastic and smoking hot man! You feel for her as a woman, being forced to marry a man who she does not love or even care for and then watching the man that she loves die after saving her. You feel so happy for her at the end when you see that she went on and lived the life that she and Jack dreamed up together! There was never a moment when you didn't want to be Rose or dream up the perfect ending for her and Jack!

The Funniest Scene: The Spitting Scene
This was one of the first bonding scenes between Jack and Rose and one of the first scenes where Rose really let her hair down and was able to be herself. You can see the true chemistry between the two and the beginnings of the great love. Plus how funny is it to see Jack teaching Rose to spit like a man! Then the true horror of her mother walking up behind her, ruining the moment! :)

The Scene You Wish You Had Been In: The Spinning Scene!
You can't help but remember the times when you locked hands with a friend and spun and spun and spun until you fell down dizzy out of your mind! And while watching this I'm sure you longed for those days when the spinning made life just melt away and all that mattered was what time you had to be home for dinner!

The Shock Scene: The Breakfast Scene
Everyone knew that Cal sucked but I don't think anyone realized how much until this scene. The pure terror on Rose's face was just heartbreaking! Poor girl!

The Scene That Made All Women Squee!!
The Handprint and Car Scene!
Yes our hero and heroine finally got it on! Hahaha. But seriously, my girlfriends and I will still try to make that hand print in windows! This scene made all of our little romantic hearts cry with joy!

Sexiest Frame of The Film: Jack's Eyes While Drawing Rose
The intensity of this beautiful man's eyes was just soooo sexy. I don't think any woman alive would disagree with me. While many men would say that it was the whole scene it self that was the sexiest part of the film (yeah yeah naked Rose) but really?? It's just the eyes for me. The windows into a man's soul and into my heart!

Best Romantic Scene: The Kiss!
There is nothing I can say really. This is probably the most memorable kiss is movie history!

The Saddest Scene: Jack Dies
You pray for the happy ending, I mean hey, in movies now a days you always get your happy ending, but in this film... not so much. So you watch these two overcome a disgruntled fiance who chases them while practicing his target range, a sinking ship, and then the brutal people in the water only to have Jack freeze to death! I mean... wth! Yet again... Poor Rose!

The Best Happily Ever After: Rose's Heaven!
So after being tortured with the death of Jack we finally get some closure when Rose, now over the age of 100 passes in her sleep and she moves onto her heaven which includes all of the lost souls of the people on the Titanic and her love! That scene could bring a tear from any person, man or woman!

Memorable Quotes!

Rose: [letting go of Jack's hand] I'll never let go, Jack. I promise.

Jack: Where to, Miss?
Rose: To the stars.

Ruth: Will the lifeboats be seated according to class? I hope they aren't too crowded.
Rose
: Oh mother, shut up! Don't you understand? The water is freezing and there aren't enough boats. Not enough by half. Half the people on this ship are going to die.
Cal Hockley
: Not the better half.
Molly Brown
: Come on Ruth, first-class seats are right up here.
Cal Hockley
: You know, it's a pity I didn't keep that drawing. It'll be worth a lot more by morning.
Rose: You unimaginable bastard!


Ok. So the only thing I can say is that if you don't own this movie, you should be shot! lol Ok maybe not that but you shouldn't be allowed to watch movies!

So another review possible for tomorrow.

Until then I'm just Simply Bitsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment