"I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art."
- Meryl Streep in Postcards From The Edge

Monday, May 24, 2010

What if you had a second chance to find true love?

Hello everyone!
It's been a while since I've posted so here I am, back with another movie review!

This week I actually made it to the local theater and saw such a cute movie with my best friend!

Letters To Juliet!!
It was a Saturday afternoon, I had just returned from my half-sisters mother's funeral and was in a really weird funk. I had a date scheduled for later that night but couldn't get my mind settled on that fact so my best friend, who I haven't seen since mid-march because she was away in Boston for college came and got me and took me to see really adorable romantic comedy with one of my more recent favorite actress Amanda Seyfried!

So having cancelled my date, my best friend and I had plenty of time to talk and make up for the time lost from her college adventures. But once we entered the theater we left our boring/sad/mediocre lives in Delaware and entered the exciting/romantic/beautiful life in Verona, Italy(which I have been lucky enough to visit during my spring break in my junior year of high school on a school trip)!

The Story!

New York Times fact-checker Sophie goes on a pre-honeymoon with her fiance Victor to romantic Verona Italy, the setting to William Shakespeare's most famous story Romeo and Juliet!
When her fiance goes off getting things prepared for his restaurant that is to open in six weeks back in New York, Sophie goes a explores the romantic city only to stumble across a letter addressed to Juliet that is 50 years old! After writing the now 65 year old Claire she embarks on a journey to find the woman's true love along with her grandson Charlie!

My Review: The story is rather predictable and will probably bore all men to tears because this film was clearly made for the woman's heart! And boy does it hit to the core! Not only is the story about Claire's long lost love for Lorenzo but also about Sophie and her struggling feelings towards both her fiance and Charlie.

The relationship between Sophie and Claire is also another strong point of the story. Claire reaches out to Sophie who was raised by her father after her mother left when she was only 9 years old and you can see how much Sophie grows to care for Claire and vice-versa! The dialogue is really funny at times and quite touching at others.
The this film is perfect for ladies who love a good romantic comedy!

I will give this movie a A- ! I'm such a girlie girl! :)

Now my recommendation on movie rental this week: Dear John!

Again, another Amanda Seyfried movie and romantic movie, but alas not a comedy! Haha! Dear John comes out on DVD tomorrow and believe me when I say I will be making a stop on the way home from work tomorrow to pick it up!

Check it out!

Until later!

I am just Simply Bitsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment