"I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art."
- Meryl Streep in Postcards From The Edge

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"You must go at once. Leave the ship while you still can!"

Tonight is a double feature! Haha!

So I was chilling in my room looking over my blog, changing a few things up, adding some music :), when I realized that I have yet to review a horror movie!

So I went over to my bookcase which stores my horror movies and looked through my collection and after of 15 minutes of deliberating landing on the movie Ghost Ship!
Now this movie has somewhat sentimental meaning to me! This was the first horror movie to enter into my movie collection back in 2002 and it is one of my best friend's and I favorite movie!

So, the story. Ghost Ship is about a group of boat salvagers who are confronted by a man who gives them the location of a possible ghost ship out in the waters worth millions. So with the man they set course for the possible ship only to stumble upon a British luxury liner with a horrifying history... and a couple of permanent visitors.

The story really starts to unfold when the group find cases upon cases of sold gold only to have their boat blow up and kill 2 of their crew when they try to take the gold and leave the ship.

But the creepiest thing of all is when Epps, the only woman in the crew sees a little girl aboard. After looking all over the ship
to try and find her again to talk to her Epps is led through a strange journey that showed the bloody past of the ship.

A demon who walks in the form of man roams around luring people to the ship so that he can take their soul to fill his quota. Once his quota is filled the souls of everyone who died on the ship will be trapped forever, and all he needs is a few more souls before his quota is filled.
This movie is so good! It's so full of mystery, horror, and a good ghost story! Unlike other horror movies today this movie doesn't rely on cheap tricks like nudity, foul language, sex, drugs, and bloody gore-filled death scenes to make it good!

My favorite character of this film was the
little girl Katie. With her perfect dress and proper statue you could never really tell if she was real or dead. You also feel a certain compassion for her, especially when shown how she was killed. Her bond with Epps and her courage to help the others on the boat just made you love her!

This film is good for those who are scared of horror movies because its the story that grabs you here not stupid horror movie tricks that usually scare everyone to death. Plus its good for old ER fans because the main character Epps is played by Julianna Marguiles, who played nurse Carol Hathaway on ER in the earlier seasons :) !

That's it for now. Until later, I'm just Simply Bitsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment