"I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art."
- Meryl Streep in Postcards From The Edge

Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I like smart girls. That's why I married your mama. Well, that and I knocked her up."

Tonight's movie is Whip It!
Whip It is a movie about a teenager who tries to get away from her life where her mother puts her in beauty pageants and goes off into the exciting world of Roller Derby in the heart of Texas.

This movie cracks me up for several reasons, one of them being simply because Ellen Page
is in the movie. Her characters are always a laugh and full of funny lines that I can't stop quoting. Another reason I find this movie so good is the element of roller derby itself and the fact that the people playing this rough ass sport are these itty bitty ladies!
But I must say that my favorite part of the movie had to be Bliss' best friend Pash! Pash and Bliss' relationship reminded me so much of me and my best friend which made everything even funnier! Pash also has some of the greatest lines in the movie, so if you watch this keep an eye out for her and be prepared to laugh!
Whip It marks the directorial debut of Drew Barrymore! And for a first time job I think Drew did a spectacular job! I truly believe that you cannot tell that this was a first time director while watching! A+ goes to Drew!

I totally recommend this movie to every woman out there who loves to laugh and see women kick ass! Also, I think men will like it for the simple fact that half naked women roll around beating the crap out of each other! :)

So until next time, I'm just Simply Bitsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment